Baked Celeriac Recipe: ELY WINE BARS
Enjoy making the popular ELY Baked Celeriac at home! Head Chef at ELY WINE BAR, Valentin, was kind enough to share his treasured recipe.
Let us know if it tastes as good as Val’s dish.
- 1 celeriac
- 100g Shimeji mushrooms (or other mushrooms if you prefer)
- 20g flaked almonds, hazelnuts, or other nuts to taste
- Olive oil
- Miso paste
- Truffle (optional)
Serves 2 people
- Wrap the celeriac in aluminium foil.
- Bake the celeriac at 180⁰ Celsius, for approximately 45 minutes, until the inside temperature reaches 80⁰ Celsius.
- Let the celeriac (in the foil) chill to room temperature.
- Peel the celeriac and slice thinly (about 0.5cm thin) with a sharp knife.
- Mix 1-part Miso to 1-part vinegar and 3-parts olive oil (or any other oil you prefer), add salt and Dijon mustard to taste.
- 1 toast the nuts at 150⁰ Celsius for 15 minutes
- Add the mushrooms to a hot smoking pan, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and two tablespoons of vinegar
- Take the pan off the heat and let chill
- Layer the celeriac randomly on a serving plate
- Season with salt and miso dressing
- Sprinkle the almonds and some of the pickled mushrooms
Pair this dish with a good Burgundy or an Australian Chardonnay.