Advance Your Career: ELY WINE BAR is hiring an experienced Chef
We want to expand our team to continue producing excellent food for our patrons and to ensure our continued success in ELY WINE BAR, part of the ELY Hospitality Group. We ask that you have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and that you are flexible with working hours. You will be answerable to the Head Chef and avail of onsite training from our Executive Chef.
As a Demi Chef/Chef de Partie you will be working as part of the kitchen team and reporting to the Head Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle food orders. Ensuring the highest standards and consistent quality in food preparation and keeping up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Training will be provided as will the opportunity to cook with the seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of equipment maintenance.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks correct storage of food items in the section.
- Have an excellent standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications Prerequisites:
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- At least two yearsprior experience.
- Flexible working hourssubject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Training and mentoring are provided on the job
- Our chefs receive a free meal per shift, tea/coffee and share of the restaurant’s tips
We would love to hear from you. If you feel like you are a suitable candidate, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.